Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas with Fambly


This past weekend we had Christmas with my family. Mom, Dad, my brother and his two kids, my sons and their families, me and hubby. It was great! Everyone seemed happy with their gifts and actually enjoyed my cooking.

Here's a pic of Grandma with Jassmine and the rocking horse.

Christmas Eve we went to my mother in law's for traditional Slovak meal. Yum! I may not have been born into this culture but I've accepted the food whole heartedly!

Hubby's niece and her hubby, Anthony Orio, were up from Nashville. He is a country music entertainer. It was great to see them both!

Hubby's nephew, the sophomore whiz from Middle Tennessee State University, was also up for Christmas. My goodness he gets more handsome, and taller, every time we see him.

All I wanted for Christmas was to sleep in. I got my wish. I woke up at 9 and wished hubby a very Merry Christmas to which he yelled up a very Merry Christmas to you, as well! I gave him his gift package and he handed me mine. Yum, Godiva Truffles! Oh, how I luv this man! He knows the way to a woman's heart. The first gift he ever gave me was a bag of peanut M&Ms and a Diet Coke! It was true love.

Oh, but Christmas Day dinner we went to his brother and sister in law's! Every Christmas Day they host an Open House. It's Glorious! Theirs is a typical Italian-American meal with an entire separate table just for desserts. Oh, how the pounds do pack on! Who cares? At Christmas there are no calories just love and fine food.

Santa and Mrs. Claus made their annual visit to the Urban household to pass out gifts. It was wonderful to see them this year. Last year I was in the hospital. Here's me enjoying my visit with both of them!

Hubby and I were like two young children. We went to bed before 9 o'clock.

It was a wonderful Christmas!

No comments: