Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

I was so excited! I had my granddaughter overnight on New Year's Eve. The kids had plans and I offered to babysit. It was the first time I'd had her overnight since she was a baby.

First we played with Barbies and then we played with stuffed animals. Then we chased each other around the furniture. Then she helped me make spaghetti for dinner. Alright she watched while I held her and cooked. I gave her a bath, we had dinner and then we brushed her teeth. She started to get sleepy around 8:30 so I took her up to bed.

I had the portacrib set up but she wasn't having any of it. I layed down with her until she fell asleep and then got up to put her in the crib. She woke up and started screaming so we layed back down again and she fell asleep AGAIN. After doing this two more times I decided we were both just going to sleep.

We woke up at 10 on New Year's Day. We got up and had breakfast, played a little bit and went up and down the stairs a dozen or so times. At least I got exercise.

Mom and Dad picked her up at noon and away she went. It was over too soon! Wah! I'm waiting for my next Grandma time. I loved it!

No comments: