Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!

It's been a while since I posted anything. I was sick all this past week. It started with a scratchy throat on Monday and by Tuesday I was running a fever and in bed. I only started to feel somewhat better on Thursday. Thank goodness for cough syrup!

How long does it take to build up the immune system? Are there any types of foods that promote a healthy immune system for the ex-cancer patient now cancer survivor? I know I read a few weeks ago that the CDC had said vitamins weren't really beneficial. I took so many pills while undergoing cancer treatment that I really hope to not have to take any more pills.

I received a brochure in the mail yesterday from the American Cancer Society. Seems there will be a one day seminar in Pittsburgh on March 13 (free to cancer survivors). I'm thinking about going. One of the topics will be how to boost the immune system via yoga. I thought that was different.

My son Ralph stopped over this evening while I was fixing dinner. He stayed a little while and visited, then had to go. Jess was working.

It snowed today. I saw buds on trees in Greensburg last weekend. I can't wait for spring and I hope we'll be done with snow soon.

No comments: