Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I am a Sunflower


I am a sunflower.

I may not be the tallest plant in the field
or have the prettiest petals, but I stand as
straight and tall as I possibly can.

My stalk is firmly planted in the ground
so that a strong wind will not uproot me.

I lift my petals up to the heavens and bask
in the sunlight and enjoy the rains that
God gives me.

When my petals fall to the ground and
my seeds grow, I am happy for I am doing
what God has made me for.

When my time is done and my seeds have
begun to drop to the ground, to sprout and
become sunflower plants of their own,
I am happy to know that I did what I
was made to do.

I know that my little seeds will become
tall and beautiful sunflower plants
because they came from me. I was blessed.
I was the best sunflower that I could be.

--Carol Pack Urban
March 11, 2009

No comments: