Saturday, May 23, 2009

Star Trek

Phil and I went out to the 4:40 matinee showing of Star Trek. I had always liked the original series then enjoyed Next Generation and Deep Space Nine but by the time Janeway's Voyager came around I was tired of it.

We've seen all the movies. Most were a disappointment to me. This one was alright. Nothing great. Kind of followed the original series with background information but it was lacking.

The only characters that I enjoyed were Zachary Quinto's Spock and the actor playing Nero. They were realistic.

The storyline was really lacking. And, if you haven't seen it I won't go into detail or spoil it for you.

We ran into Dave and MaryAnn as we were running into CVS before the movie. A real surprise! It was good to see them even for a few minutes!

Dinner was late. We ordered take out from Foggy Mountain. Phil had the Delmonico steak and I had Chicken Marsala. Yum.

Phil is going to work the field trial at Somerset tomorrow. I already told him I'm staying home. Hopefully Bella will let me sleep in tomorrow morning.

Phil put the ducklings out in the pen with the adult ducks today. They enjoyed the pool to swim in. I hope they make it through the night. Not sure when I will turn the banty chicks out. I may wait until the eggs the hens are sitting on hatch. That should be a week or two from now.

Mom sent a text to say that Aunt Dot is somewhat better today but still has a CDIF infection and can't get the pacemaker until that is gone. I hope she is on the road to recovery now. Real scary how she took a turn for the worst last week.

Phil is still watching the Penguins. I just wonder when will it ever end?

No comments: