Thursday, June 25, 2009

Farrah

It was very sad today to read that Farrah Fawcett lost her battle with anal cancer. The news report I read said she was first diagnosed in 2006 and had traveled to Germany and the U.K. in search of various forms of treatment.

It was very brave of her to put herself out there for public viewing when she aired a documentary on her cancer treatment this past May. I did not watch the show but I know a lot of people who did and they were impressed with what she had to say and the strength she showed and the incredible courage it took to do it.

When all is said and done we are all just people struggling to survive and make it from one day to the next. I am thankful that she is no longer suffering with cancer and that God has granted her a place in Heaven. God grant us grace and dignity in our final hours. Amen.

2 comments:

Daria said...

I'm saddened by the news but am glad she is no longer suffering.

Tina said...

I couldn't bring myself to watch her documentary. It was just too close. But I'm proud of her for doing it, and showing such strength. I feel the same--I am sad that she is gone, but glad that she is no longer suffering. May she rest in peace...