Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

It's been raining so long that everything around here, including me, is going to mildew.

We got up early this morning. I had a gyn appointment in Greensburg. My regular doctor is on vacation for a couple of weeks this month and won't be back for a while. I like the new doctor. I may keep him. giggle

We talked a long while about what's going on with me. I don't want to do anything until after Ralph and Jessica's wedding. I'll have my PET scan on the 13th of July and the mammogram on the 14th then see Dr. Moser for follow up the following week. Somewhere after that we'll schedule some testing and see where it goes from there. If I have to have any surgeries I'll ask Dr. Moser who he would recommend or if he would be available to do the surgery himself with my gyn. I know he is super busy. Cancer doesn't wait for anybody but I really don't trust anyone else.

After the visit with the new gyn we drove out to Old Economy Village in Ambridge. We used Verizon Navigator and I kept thinking we were lost even though "she" knew where she was leading us. :) We arrived at our destination in one piece.

The tour was fascinating. I had never heard the story of these Germans. They were quite ahead of their time. Their group would not have died out had they not taken an oath of celibacy.

We left there around 3:30-4:00 just in time to head into traffic around Pittsburgh. I wasn't happy with the route that Navigator sent us on for the trip back home. It seemed very long but it did allow us to stop in Washington at the Red Lobster. We had a nice dinner and got home around 7:00.

I've spent the last hour reading the blogs I follow and am ready for bed. It's still raining!

No comments: