Friday, June 12, 2009

This is it!

I slept until 10 this morning. Phil came up to wake me up by telling me he had biscuits. Snort-snort. Like a little pig following the farmer looking for scraps to eat.

So it's the last day of his vacation but he gets four more weeks. I asked him to take a week towards the end of next month.

I had jewelry sent out for repairs so we picked that up today; three watches and one pair of earrings. We had a late lunch at Applebees. Yum. Phil worked on the boat trailer today. He put another coat of paint on it and also installed new lights.

I have DAR tomorrow. I'm opening up at 10:30 for the hostess committee. We should be done early. The person scheduled to do our program is ill. June's meeting is usually not well attended. Too many people with other activities.

I invited my parents up next weekend for the Relay for Life event but they can't make it. I will get my second link this year. Last year we attended while I was finishing up with chemo. It was during the day and I got sunburnt. This year it's at 6 pm.

It's 8:15 and the Penguins are playing the LAST game of the Stanley Cup playoffs! It will finally be OVER! Woo-hoo!

Was supposed to go with Jess to meet with the photographer this evening but Ralph let me know I didn't need to go. I can pick out the photos I want after the proofs come back.

We met with Karen at Foggy Mountain the other evening. They have a new chef. We discussed the rehearsal dinner meal. So far the total has gone up to more than 30 people attending. I don't see the need for so many since everyone will be together the following day for the wedding ceremony and reception.

Visitation is having their annual parish fundraiser on Sunday. I'm hungry for Halupki, Haluski and Pierogies so I've already told Phil we're going. His mom will be working in the kitchen. I asked her to save us some food. :)

No comments: