Sunday, June 21, 2009

Yesterday's Relay for Life Event

This was the second year we've attended the Relay for Life event in Latrobe. Last year I had finished with chemo and was waiting out the eight weeks before my next cancer surgery. It was a difficult time. Almost all of the speakers at the event were doing memorials to people who had died. That was hard. It wasn't an overly positive experience and we left early. We were just praying that I would be one of the survivors and, here I am a year later!

This year's event was a very positive one. We all know that people die from cancer but not everyone dies. An overwhelming number of survivors were there to take their survivor lap around Keener Field. I was happy and proud to be among them.

Thank you God for another year of life! It has been an amazing year!

No comments: