Thursday, August 20, 2009

Disconnect Day

You have no idea how much I look forward to getting disconnected from the chemo bag. I loathe having to do chemo.

I got my schedule of upcoming chemo treatments. The next one is September 1 and the following one is September 15. That takes me through four treatment sessions.

Really looking forward to the Neely family reunion in Pipestem. So glad it will be during my week off chemo. My sister has rented us a cabin at the Bluestone. I'm anticipating an amazing weekend with the family.

Woke up with dry heaves this morning. Got my bath and went downstairs for breakfast. Was so tired afterwards that I went back up to bed. Mom woke me up around 11:30 that it was time for lunch. I'm supposed to eat small meals every couple of hours.

We drove to the cancer center and I was unhooked and out of there by 2:30. We went to Eat N Park and I had a bowl of Italian wedding soup and half a club sandwich. Yummy but I couldn't finish either. We left there and went to get a few things at the grocery store then get gas for the truck and headed home. I went straight to bed once we got home. Phil woke me up when he got in at 6:15 and Mom had fixed chicken noodle soup for dinner. Super yummy!

No comments: