Saturday, August 15, 2009

Mom and Dad

came up on Thursday and are going back tomorrow. We have had a great time. At least, I did.

I have cooked the entire time they have been here and have gained three pounds! Not good! I had an appointment on Friday with Dr. Weisel and, for once, he didn't say a thing about my weight! giggle

Ralph and Jess, along with Chucky and Jassmine, were over for dinner last night and today. Joe and Chrystal stopped over today. He works all the time and was getting ready to head out to work but wanted to stop over to see us. They were hoping to see Gram and Pop but my dad was out fishing with Ralph at Somerset Lake. I'm sure Joe would rather have been out fishing on the lake than heading to work!

Went to our DAR chapter's yard sale and gold party today. We ended up driving back home so I could scrounge through the safe and my jewelry box for unwanted and scrap gold jewelry. Went back and sold it and came home $110 richer! Makes up for the $130 I spent at the Salvation Army yesterday. Monica, you will be psyched to know I found a "mint" Oscar Schmidt autoharp complete with booklets, tuning wrench, picks, etc. and the strings all look brand new. No rust at all. Gorgeous.

I am so unbelievably tired but have had a great few days since they got here. Haven't felt sick once and haven't had to take a nap except for today. I think the heat really got to me today. That and I got up at 5:30 this morning to make lunch for Phil to take to the hunt test with him and also for dad and Ralph to take with them on the fishing trip.

Planning to get up at 4:30 tomorrow morning to go with Phil to another hunt test. Hoping I bring him luck. :)

No comments: