Monday, August 3, 2009

Tomorrow is Chemo Day

I couldn't sleep last night/early this morning so I got up at midnight and worked on the invitation list for the DAR luncheon I'm helping to organize. I went back to bed at 2:30 a.m.

I had very good intentions when I woke up this morning. I expected to finish all my errands. HA! That did not happen.

I went to the post office to pick up mail then on to the bank to cash a check. Phil had my ATM card. Then I went to McDonald's for my last time through the drive-thru for a while. Then off to Office Max and down to Monro to get the guys to look at my truck. Three hours and $1253 later I was outta there and on my way to see Dr. Tony my chiropractor.

After getting therapy on my back and then adjusted I drove over to Friday's and met Phil for dinner.

It was a very long day but I'm not done yet. There are dishes in the sink from last night's pork roast dinner and then I need to put clean sheets on our bed and also on the one Mom Urban will be sleeping in if she decides to stay with us.

I spoke to the radiology dept at Westmoreland Hosp this morning asking what the name of the wound covering was called that they used to cover up the port site. I have to make a note of it because I'm allergic to it, too.

I'm just hoping the oncology nurse can access my port tomorrow. Mom Urban is taking me in the morning and plans to stay the whole time. The first chemo treatment will be at least five hours long. What takes the longest is the Avastin.

Gotta get moving now. Will write tomorrow.

2 comments:

Tina said...

I'm thinking about you and praying for you! How many rounds/months of chemo do you have to do this time?
Prayers and hugs for you!
Tina

Daria said...

Often I am agitated the weekend before chemo ... hope you got some sleep.

I am have allergic reaction to chlorhexidine... which is what they use to clean the area before they put the adhesive bandage on.