Sunday, August 30, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday was such a physically exhausting day for me.

I picked up Chucky to take him back to school shopping and Jassmine started crying so I had to take her with us. Joe and Chrystal both talked to Chucky about behaving well for grandma (me) and he promised ever so nicely to be good. Well, that lasted only as soon as he got inside the car. By the time we made it 10 minutes up the road to Kmart I was feeling undone.

After an hour of chasing and fighting with him about clothes, shoes, socks, etc. I wanted to just get the heck out of the store, drop the kids off and go home and lay down for a nap. Thankfully, Chrystal showed up while I was in the check out line. I was never so thankful to see someone!

From there we went to Wendy's for something to eat and then up to the shoe store to find Chucky a pair of shoes that fit. After that I dropped the kids off with Jessica and headed over to get the Jeep inspected (annual required inspection and emissions testing). I made it home by 4:00 and went right to bed and woke up at 6:45 when Phil walked in the door. I didn't plan anything for dinner but threw together tuna noodle casserole. It was hot and edible and that's all I cared about. I went back to bed at 8:45.

Prior to bed I checked the blogs I follow. One in particular I've paid close attention to over the past six months and that was Kim Miller's; a stage 4 colon cancer patient. Sadly, she passed away yesterday at the age of 29. Such a vibrant young woman, full of life and love, with a husband and two young children at home and also a teenage stepdaughter.

I had never met her but corresponded with her via her blog. I felt I knew her and since we shared this disease called colon cancer also felt I had a kindred sister. I feel just devastated by the loss of this young woman. I prayed every day for her and wanted God to heal her. I know I shouldn't question WHY this had to happen but I think is so unfair.

1 comment:

Daria said...

I followed Kim's blog too ... very sad news.