Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hump Day

Wednesday, September 9, 2009 aka "hump day." I have slept most of today which isn't good but have been happy with no nausea today. Hooray for Ativan my antinausea med! I did have muscle cramps in my calves this morning. I hope my potassium level isn't down. I'd rather eat bananas than have to take potassium pills. Gag. Even cut in half and put in applesauce or applebutter I still have a hard time swallowing them.

We go to the center tomorrow at 11:00 to get disconnected but plan to stay for fluids which takes another two hours. I'll take my knitting along with me. I'm halfway through a pair of socks for Jassmine. I started them on Saturday night.

I just had my bath and Phil is still in the tub. I have to make sure I don't get my port dressing wet. It'll be great to get a shower tomorrow after I'm disconnected!

Tonight was a nice spaghetti dinner made by Phil's mom. I asked if she wanted to stay and go back home on Monday but she said Friday would be better. I know she's totally bored here. I just sleep all day. She's so good to us. Makes me really appreciate my mom staying here all those months.

I forgot to mention that we got past the two year mark of my colon cancer diagnosis. That was September 5, 2007 and thankfully I am still here. It was a good day and I'm thankful for each and every one I get. :) Thank you Jesus.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Glad to hear things are ok for you right now...
2 years! Wonderful. I agree--Thank you Jesus!
I do crochet a little, but lately I've been reading alot. I read the whole Mitford series by Jan Karon, and am going to start a series by Karen Kingsbury. I also read Christian romances.
Take care!
Tina