Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Please excuse any typos. I have hand neuropathy from the chemo today and it's pretty bad. My hands are real cramped up. It was a very tiring day.

Our weekend was wonderful. We didn't get out the door until 11:00 a.m. and made it to Bluestone State Park around 5:00 p.m. My sister rented us a cabin. It was nice. She fixed dinner Saturday night. Nice meal of stuffed shells. Sunday morning we got up and went over to cousin Laura's house for breakfast. Mike and Kaye, Tony and Kim and two of their sons, Brandon and Tyler, were there including Laura's daughter Erin. My brother and his daughter also came over for breakfast. It was a good time.

From there we went to one of the family cemeteries (Lilly-Crews in Nimitz). I photographed all of the Pack headstones that were there. I ran out of batteries before I could do all the Lillys. Very disappointing.

We made it back to the cabin by noon and left for the Neely reunion in Pipestem. It's been at the Ruritan club for 20+ years. It was great to see my aunts, uncles and cousins. We were there until about 6:00 and headed over to uncle Gary's house on River Ridge. Uncle Edmund and aunt Barb were there plus Gary and Joann's two daughters Vicki and Tasha. Vicki and David have seven children. The youngest was born in February. They are all beautiful.

Today was a very exhausting day. We got up at 6:00 to gt to the center by 8:45 and didn't get in to be seated in the treatment ara until 9:30. I know it was abut 10:00 before my blood was drawn and things started moving. We got out of thre abut 2:00. I was sick to my stomach the whole way home. We got home and I went upstairs to lay down. My throat closed up on me but I didn't panic this time. I layed back down and fell aslep knowing this side efffect would pass. Mom Urban is making dinner now and Phil should be home soon.

No comments: