Wednesday, October 21, 2009

6:38 a.m. on Wednesday morning and all's well!

The last few blog notes have sounded pretty daRn depressing. Sorry about that. Need to get an attitude adjustment as my parents used to say to me. Right about then the Hechinger paint stick would come out.

Funny thing about that paint stick and, wondering if my parents still have it, it had mine, my sister's and my brother's names written on it. Like who else would my parents have whipped? Hmmm? Well, I do remember my mom whipping my cousin's bum once but he was a hateful little thing and deserved it copiously.

After watching many reruns of Supernanny, I realize I could have used JoJo to teach me parenting skills. I didn't have a paint stick but I did have wooden spoons. They broke too easily.

I woke up at 2:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. Phil got up at 4:30 and I stayed up. Just checking blogs I follow (knitting, cancer related, funny ones, etc.). Planning to go in to the chapter house today. It's been over a month since I was in and I need to let them know I'm still alive and kicking.

Mom and dad are coming up this weekend. Dad and Phil have plans to drive back and forth to grouse hunt. Sunday mom and I have our DAR tea. Monday is open, maybe a lunch out and some shopping? Tuesday is the dreaded PET scan and Wednesday, gag me, is chemo day then I get disconnected on Friday. Let's hope this chemo treatment goes better than the last one. This will be number six. Hopefully we'll find out on Nov 3 how many more I'll need.

No comments: