Monday, October 12, 2009

Sick People Stay Away

I keep reading about all these people who have the flu. Just stay home and take sick leave until it passes. None of the rest of us want to get what you have so just stay home and keep your germs to yourself!

People think it's just a cold or maybe they don't think about what they could be passing on to the next person. Being on chemo, I don't know what amount of immunities I have to fight infections, and I really don't want to find out. I especially don't want to end up in the hospital. Been there, done that, don't want to do it again.

Phil and I had a late lunch/early dinner at Eat n Park in Latrobe yesterday. I absolutely hate it when people talk on the phone in public areas; restaurants, bathrooms, etc. This young woman answered the phone and proceeded to have a conversation, not with the people who were with her at the table, but with someone on the phone, for maybe 20 minutes explaining to the person how she had just gotten out of the hospital because her iron level was too low. I thought she was extremely rude not just to the people who were with her but to everyone in the surrounding area of the restaurant who had to endure her conversation and listen to her whine about why the doctor didn't order the right tests, etc. Whine, whine, whine. People, stop whining. Whatever is going on with you isn't as bad as what's going on with someone else. And, puh-leeze stop answering that phone when it's not an emergency.

Okay, down off the soap box for now but I reserve the right to get right back up on it whenever I choose. :)

No comments: