Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday of another week

Yes, I'm still in bed 24/7. This staying in bed all the time is exhausting but getting up and trying to actually DO something is more exhausting! I was so looking forward to not having chemo the rest of the month and am really disappointed that I'll be getting chemo during the week my parents are coming to visit.

I feel very discouraged because I haven't any idea of how well the chemo and my body are fighting my cancer. I know my PET scan is scheduled but I'd like to have some inclination of how I'm doing. I see myself from the outside and don't like what I see so I worry about how the inside is doing.

Really looking forward to my DAR tea this weekend! Two of us have worked on this since May or June, I forget. I will be excited to see all the ladies and take photos for the local papers. This tea fundraiser is to help with our state regent's project which is to increase the amount of money we're able to give to scholarship applicants and/or increase the amount of scholarships we can give. I love DAR. I love to feel like something I'm helping with is a worthwhile cause and see the benefits.

Yesterday was Phil's birthday. My hubby turned 49. I was 25 and he was 27 when we met. Wow, the memories! It wasn't the birthday I envisioned for him. We had a beagle club meeting last night and we should have just stayed home. I promised I would make him spaghetti for dinner tonight. I also thought I might be able to feed animals for him but I really don't think I'll be able to manage that. Spaghetti I can do.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Hang in there Carol! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!
We had spaghetti tonight at my daughter's request. Yum! Hope you can enjoy yours. :)