Monday, October 19, 2009

The Weekend Report

The weekend went by too quickly, as usual. Phil went to Chestnut Ridge Sporting Clays on Saturday morning while I slept in. When I woke up I got on the computer and also turned on the tv to watching the Food Network. Giada and Ina were cooking up yummy looking eats. Love their shows!

Ralph's 26th birthday was Friday. Let's see, 26 years ago what was I doing? I'll save that for another blog entry.

Phil called at 12:30 to say he was stopping at Kentucky Fried Chicken for lunch and what would I like? Jess texted to say they were stopping by so I called Phil back to say buy a bucket of chicken and some fixings cause the kids are coming over.

Phil and the kids got here at the same time. giggle Funny how that happens. We had a nice lunch and exchanged birthday cards with the kids and Phil. Ralph's was the 16th, Jess and Phil's birthday's are the 19th (today). They stayed until about 2:30 then left to enjoy the rest of their birthday weekend together. Newlyweds! Ah! Love it.

About 2:30 Sunday morning we were awakened by some horrible animal sounds coming from near the chicken coop and goat pens. It didn't sound like a fox or a coyote. It sounded like the rabbits were getting eaten. That is a horrible squealing sound. Whatever it was stayed out there making those sounds for a long time. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and Phil went outside to check on the animals. He didn't take a gun or anything to defend himself, course I didn't know that at the time. Bella, Reno and Opal started barking and scared whatever it was away.

All the chickens and goats were accounted for including the ducks. Phil said the baby goats just looked at him like, "stop shining that light on us, we're sleeping." I don't know what it was making those awful sounds but we think it could have been one of the mountain panthers that are around here. Ralph's friend Bill took pictures of one in his backyard with a trail camera. He lives outside of Indian Head almost in Somerset. Lots of rocks and places for those kind of animals to live.

Finally we got back to sleep. I think I slept in until 9:30 or 10. Phil's mom was fixing a birthday dinner for him at her house at 1. He was up since 7:30 to do testing for work. He didn't get off the phone with work until 1:10. I called to let her know we'd be late.

The one thing I've been feeling with this new chemo is extreme exhaustion. I had to really push myself to get my bath then I had to lay down for half an hour. My eyes are watering so much I don't even try to do makeup anymore. I try not to look in the mirror because I feel like I look terrible. My hair looks so thin and I look so pale. Of course I haven't lost any weight because Phil's mom is such a good cook. haha

So, I managed to finally get dressed and out the door we went. Dinner was lovely but I ate too much. Fried pork chops, rice, beets, green beans, pumpkin squares and fresh raspberry jello desserts. I had one serving of each but that was a lot of food.

Phil received two nice dress shirts and Dockers pants from his mom. His brother Dave and wife MaryAnn gave him some really cool gifts. He received a headlamp and also a tripod flashlight/lamp which we could have used in the middle of the night to see what the heck was scaring me half to death outside my bedroom window! Can't wait to try these gadgets out!

Beautiful sunny day here today. Almost all of the leaves in the backyard have fallen but the ones out front are still beautifully painted on the trees. God is good with the things he does to keep me positive and cheerful.

1 comment:

Daria said...

I quit wearing makeup too because I end up wiping it off when I dry my watery eyes.

Do take care and rest.