Friday, November 13, 2009

7th Chemo Treatment Done

I'm now on the downhill slide to finishing up the chemo treatments. I have one more scheduled for Monday, November 30 at 8:30 a.m. I am really hoping and praying this is IT and no more down the road, over the hill or any time in the future.

I worked Monday and Tuesday. It was great to be able to work. I hadn't been in in over a month because Randy had been really sick.

Wednesday was chemo day. I was part way through the Camptosar and Leucovorin when the nurse gave me a shot of Ativan and away I went to sleep. I woke up an hour later and we were finished and ready to go home.

The Decadron keeps me awake all night so I didn't sleep. I did manage to fall asleep around 5 a.m. as Phil was leaving for work. I slept on and off for the rest of the day.

It was so good to go to the center to get unplugged today. I'm starting to get impatient and want someone to attend to me as soon as I walk in. Please disconnect me. I have things to do. I don't want to sit in this chair any longer than I have to. Wah, wah, wah and a whole bunch of other thoughts.

Phil thinks I've caught someone's cold but it could be another side effect from the chemo. The back of my throat hurts at the base of my tongue. The inside of my mouth hurts and my lips and tongue feel somewhat numb. Pray this goes away soon.

After disconnect, Mom Urban and I went to Giant Eagle to grocery shop then I dropped her off at her home and drove myself home. All I wanted to do was crawl into bed.

I stopped long enough to answer the phone to talk to Randy and then out to feed my animals. I fed the chickens and goats then noticed that Jenny had managed to squeeze through the fence in the goat pen. I threw in some hay and she came over to me so she could go back in the pen. After that I was tired and came inside. I forgot to feed the ducks.

I went to bed around 2 and woke up a little after 5.

Phil got home about 6:45 and we had pheasant soup for dinner. It was very good. Enough of it leftover for lunch tomorrow. No plans for me for the weekend. Phil is hunting at Hecla tomorrow. He invited Randy who called to tell me he couldn't go.

That's about it. Phil is out feeding dogs. When he comes in we'll get a bath and then I'll go back to sleep. I am pretty sure he has shows he wants to watch. I don't think I can keep my eyes open for that.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Carol I'm praying that this will be it FOREVER!!! I admire your strength in going through this a second time, and really appreciate the support you give me.
I'll keep praying for you~I'm so happy you are almost DONE!
Hugs and Blessings!
Tina

Carol Pack Urban said...

Thank you hon. I am as invested in both yours and Michelle's future as I am mine.

Barry said...

As someone also going through chemo I have some understanding of what you're going through.

Although it is great to read of someone so close to being at the end of treatment.