Wednesday, November 25, 2009

New Hair Cut

Instead of still whining about my hair and fretting over the amount that has fallen out, I decided to do something about it! I had it cut. Very short. I'm happy with it and my hair grows very quickly. About one inch a month. Hopefully what has fallen out due to chemo will come in within a couple of months.

So, I was on my way to work and decided to take a detour to Super Cuts. I waited half an hour for a stylist and the one I got asked about my hair and I proceeded to tell her about cancer and chemo, etc. Big mistake! The woman decided that I needed to hear her views that chemo is bad and that cancer research is just a big business to make money, not to help cancer patients. Man, did I get an ear full!

The woman was depressing me by the minute and I kept telling her I am very happy that I did chemo because it has extended my life by two years. My initial prognosis was very grim. I am so happy for these two years. Getting to spend this time with my family and knowing that both of my sons are happily married makes me extremely happy and content. It's been two additional years with a man who has loved me and taken care of me in spite of my illness. There are so many things that I am thankful for. I try to keep a positive outlook on life. I try to do things which will make other people happy. I am not a complainer.

I was very happy to walk out of there with my new hair cut and brush all the negativity off my shoulders!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So, when are you posting/sending pictures?