Wednesday, December 30, 2009

One Month Post Chemo

Wow! I decided I wanted to post something to my blog since it's been way too long since I've done that and here I noticed that it's been one month since I was hooked up to the chemo bag.

Other than having a head cold/sinus congestion/sore throat, etc. I feel like a million bajillion dollars! Yay!

Had a wonderful Christmas holiday. Christmas Eve we went to Phil's mom's house and had a terrific dinner and then we opened gifts. Christmas Day we celebrated and then went to Phil's brother and sister in law's home for Open House. Great time had by all! Day after Christmas my sons and their wives (plus grandchildren) came over. My parents came up. My brother and his two kids came up. So wonderful to see them!

Mom Urban and I cooked a fantastic meal. The turkey was so moist! We had so many leftovers that I sent some home with Ralph and Jessica. Joe and Chrystal had too much to carry home to take leftovers.

Yesterday, Joe and Chrystal came over to borrow a ladder and I fed them leftover lasagna, then I invited them over for dinner and made a large pan of lasagna and sent the fresh leftovers home with them. :) We watched the movie Golden Compass. It reminded me of the Harry Potter movies. You have to read the books to understand the movies.

I spent all morning tracking down winter tires for our Jeep. Sears had them for $83.56 each but only had two in stock. Pep Boys has four in stock at $111.99 each but it's buy three get the fourth one free. You have to wait for a rebate to arrive in the mail. It would be much better if they gave you the discount right off the invoice.

Phil has the next two days off. I know he's going grouse hunting tomorrow morning but not sure what Friday's plans are.

My mom's surgery is next Tuesday. We found out on December 15 that she has uterine cancer but the surgeon is quite sure it's only Stage 1. He will do a full hysterectomy and biopsies of organs and lymph nodes. She may not need radiation which would be absolutely wonderful! Keep her in your prayers.

Oh, I can't believe I forgot to post this bit of info! I got the most amazing gift for Christmas! My sister contacted Kathy Zimmerman who designed the "Carol's Stitch Bits" scarf in my honor. Kim purchased the original scarf from Kathy and also bought another one for my mom! The scarves are absolutely frikkin beautiful and I can't say enough about Kathy or Kim! Wow! If you happen to be in Ligonier, PA and drive past Kathy's Kreations on Main Street, stop in. You will fall in love as I have. Yarn crafts are addictive. Yarn is addictive. If you find a shop you love, visit it often.

1 comment:

Daria said...

Carol I want to wish you all the best in 2010.

You have been so supportive to me. Thank you.