Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm a blog slacker

Yep, that's me. Slacking off the blog.

I wasn't able to go visit mom after her surgery because PepBoys told me my Jeep needed new ball joints. I didn't have the money to put into getting work done on it but have an appointment tomorrow with Eastgate Auto. They're going to check out the entire suspension and let me know if there is anything wrong.

I'm hoping, and planning, to drive down to Maryland next Thursday to be able to go to mom's follow up appointment on Friday, then will come back on Saturday.

Phil and I went to the RV show in Pittsburgh this past Saturday. Got there a bit late but had a good time. Toured 15 RVs. Took lots of pictures. Saw a bunch I loved but they were all WAY too large; like 35 feet long! I'd love to find something with the perfect layout but less than 25 feet long. The one we have now is 28 feet long and it is too difficult to maneuver in and out of the driveway.

Thor and his sister Kimmie passed away this week. Two of our beagles. They were the last of Mountain Girl's puppies. They were 11 years old. Ancient for a beagle. Kimmie was beautiful. She looked just like her granddam Charity. Randy also lost three of his beagles this past week. One of them was his first field champion, Butch. It's been a tough year already.

It was a high of 40 degrees today. I saw a lot of snow melting off the roads and the ice is finally starting to melt off our roof.

No comments: