Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mom's surgery was today

I woke up at 7:30 only to find that Phil was still in bed. I thought he had overslept and then realized he stayed home from work because he was just too sick to go in. I know the dogs had him up all night. I don't know how he keeps up with them.

So, I woke up early, went downstairs and brought in firewood to get the woodstove going again. I fixed myself a bowl of cereal and watched the fire in the woodstove.

I remembered that today was the day of mom's surgery and wondered how she was doing. I started texting her around 10:00 which is funny because I hate texts. LOL!

She went in to preop around 11:00 and was taken into surgery around 12:30. Greg sent me a text around 2:00 to say she was in recovery and that the surgeon had been in to say everything went as expected. He did find one tumor in the uterus which was the size of a quarter. Everything was sent out to pathology.

Kim said the nurse told her that mom was smiling in recovery and was not experiencing any pain. Wonderful! I felt very relieved because my mom has never had to undergo a major surgery and I worried that she would have alot of pain afterwards.

Dad called around 6:00 to say they were waiting for her to get into a room and then would be heading home for the night and going back tomorrow. I'll wait to hear more tomorrow. I told Phil I feel very relieved!

No comments: