Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It's All Good!

My latest PET scan was done on March 8. Yesterday Phil and I met with Dr. Viverette to get my blood results and results of the PET scan.

We're sitting there for what seems like an eternity and finally Dr. V walks in and asks, "Are you still having periods?" "Why, yes, Dr. V, thanks so much for asking, really! This after you told me back in July that I would probably NOT have another period again! Well, someone thought it was funny and sprang one on me last month so yes, I'm still having periods." He thought I was mighty funny and started laughing! Then he said, "It's all good." At which Phil grabs my arm and squeezes so hard that I yelled, "You're giving me bruises!" Then he jumps up and yells, "YEAH!!" At this point I thought I would pass out and sat there with a stupid grin on my face. Something like DUH!

Turns out the only spot on the PET scan was my right ovary which is ovulating. Dang ovary. Stop it! Other than that, no cancer seen on the scan! Whoo hoo!

Friday I go in for a port flush then my next appointment is in three months for a check up and blood work, and then follow up in six months with another PET scan.

It's all good.

No comments: