Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's that Time of the Year Again!

March is Colon Cancer Awareness month! Oh, and just so you know, my blog template is the same color blue as the Colon Cancer ribbon!

As you know, I was diagnosed with Stage III Colon Cancer at the age of 45. This is FIVE years before the suggested screening age that most doctors give.

I was given a pretty grim dose of reality when the doctors told me I didn't have long to live. The insurance company even gave me my own health care manager to deal with what they called Palliative Care (end of life stuff).

Colon Cancer is the SECOND leading cause of cancer deaths in the U.S. It is PREVENTABLE and TREATABLE. Here is a video put out by the Colon Cancer Association. Please take a look. Getting yourself screened could save your life!



Tell your doctor that Carol sent you!! :)

No comments: