Friday, March 11, 2011

Dinner and a Movie

The hubs took a half day from work today to come home and spend with me.  I am so spoiled!  giggle

We watched a little t.v. together and, while I finished watching an episode of The Closer, he went to feed animals.  When he came back in, we left to grab something for dinner.

I wasn't sure where I wanted to eat.  We spend way too much money eating out when I could fix something halfway decent and edible at home.  We decided it was going to be Smokey Bones tonight.

It was a nice meal and we had a very good waitress which surprised me.  Lately, every place that we've eaten has given us a waitress who seemed to not have much going on between the ears.  I couldn't say that about this young woman.  She was polite, friendly and offered suggestions on meal choices plus brought drink refills every so often without having to be reminded.  It was very enjoyable.

I told Phil I wanted to see the movie Red Riding Hood.  I knew it wasn't going to be the fairy tale that I remembered from childhood.  This was supposed to be a dark version.  I was looking forward to a movie with a little bit of gore and suspense.  The end I didn't see coming which was a relief for me because I can usually tell you in the first 10 minutes who-dun-it.  I enjoyed the movie even if the movie critics did not.

No comments: