Saturday, March 19, 2011

Gorgeous Day

Today was such a gorgeous day, high of 77 degrees in Greensburg, that I decided to visit with Jess and Lilly.

I finished the knitted sweater and hat project I had been working on for Lilly and wanted to give it to her.  The yarn and pattern are by Sirdar.  I used Sirdar's Baby Bamboo DK Yarn (80% bamboo and 20% merino wool) in rinky dink.  I thought it had cotton in it but it doesn't.  This is just about the softest yarn I've ever worked with.  I love it.

I started on a sweater and hat set for Dixie-Lee yesterday.  I'm using Sirdar's Baby Bamboo DK Yarn in willow.    It's a very light colored green which I also used as an accent color in Lilly's sweater above.  Lilly's sweater was size 12-18 months and is a little large but she will grow into it.  I'm making Dixie-Lee's in size 6 months; hopefully, it will not be too large.  Lilly weighs 20 lbs at 8 months) while Dixie-Lee is 12 lbs at almost 3 months.


After this project is finished, I've got to start something for Jassmine!

2 comments:

Allie said...

That lace is gorgeous! I wish I had the patience for it, but before my lace can start looking like it's supposed to look, I usually get frustrated and pull it all out. One day I'll be patient, I swear!

Carol Pack Urban said...

I can't spin or weave although I would have liked to learn those skills.