Saturday, May 21, 2011

Dog Day

Phil had a dog handler's clinic today and I tagged along.  We got up at 4:45 a.m. (EEK!) and got home about 6:15 p.m.  What an incredibly long day.  Gorgeous day but long.  There were 15 people attending the clinic which was being taught by NAVHDA senior judge Al Harmeyer.  They did class work and field work.  Phil said it was very interesting and that Al was an excellent teacher.

Joanna handled two of her dogs in the AKC Master Hunter test today while Chris was at the handler's clinic.  Ranger passed while T.C. did not.  It was nice to see her arrive with an orange ribbon!  Being a handler is a lot of work!
To keep myself busy today I started on a summer cardigan for Dixie-Lee.  The yarn is a bamboo-cotton blend in a very light yellow.  I love the color and the yarn is so soft.  Just hoping by the time I finish it she still fits in it.

We watched Doctor Who tonight.  It was part 1 of 2 and I thought it was just awful.  There have not been very many episodes that I actually have not liked.

When we got in this evening I sat on the porch relaxing and knitting.  Phil got his hunting gear together and went turkey hunting out back of the house.  He heard a gobbler but none came in.  I got bit up by skeeters on top of the sunburn from today.

Phil's asleep already and I'm headed there.  'Night!

No comments: