Saturday, July 2, 2011

Friends

Worked yesterday and when I got home, Phil was there before me. He took a half day vacation. When we sat down to lunch, he mentioned Chris and Joanna Zupo invited us to dinner. Sounds like fun to me!

We got to Gianelli's at Mountain View around 6:30 and ordered drinks. I was reading the menu when they arrived. It was so good to see them!

We met them through the NAVHDA chapter and they moved to eastern PA in June 2007. From there they moved to WI and finally came back to our area this year.

I ordered manicotti with a cup of wedding soup. No where near the soup that my sister in law MaryAnn makes! There was celery or cabbage in the soup instead of pasta. My manicotti was good and the sauce was nice. Phil had two pieces of salmon. He said it was wonderful. Chris had a bowl of spaghetti and Joanna had chicken parm.

The guys discussed training in East Palestine, OH with Matt Snyder and Jeff Lorenzini. Phil was up early to meet Chris at 5:30 and Matt at 6:15. They were supposed to get to Jeff's by 7:30. I just cannot get up that early and, really, I enjoy sleeping in.

Enjoyed having dinner out with them. Made plans to go to Cabelas with them on Sunday. Looking for something to do on the Fourth of July. I want to see a parade and then see fireworks in the evening. Haven't done that in a long while.

Mom and Dad are in Niagara Falls with Jill and Kim. Looks like they are having a great time. The photos are wonderful!

Joe, Chrystal and the kids are supposed to be camping this weekend at Douthat State Park in VA. Not sure if Ralph and Jess have plans. Will check with them to see what they're up to.

Have a load of clothes drying on the line outside. 4 1/2 yards of dress fabric drying that I can't WAIT to make a dress out of for my girls!

Got a text from my cousin Laura Ann this morning. She's selling me an American Girl Bitty Baby doll with accessories. Cool! Something for the girls to play with when they're visiting Grandma and Pappy. Pappy will say I bought it for me. giggle

I hear a hen announcing she laid an egg. It's funny how the other chickens call back to her. My Aunt Nancy, God rest her soul, would say they were validating her.

No comments: