Sunday, July 17, 2011

Whazzup? Not much.

The hubs is on vacation this week. Yay! Every year he takes off the week of my birthday. Last year we took a lot of day trips one of which was a trip to Elk County to see the elk. We did see elk which was very cool but we also ended up in a little town called Ridgeway and had a fantastic lunch at a steak restaurant called Lumberjacks. We plan to go back up on Thursday, my birthday. I haven't tasted a steak salad like theirs in a year. Can't wait!



I had Jassmine and Dixie two days last week. We went over to visit Jess and Lilly twice. Jassie was so excited to get to swim there. It was great to visit with all three of my granddaughters.


Had a fox come in the yard mid-day yesterday chasing chickens. I yelled for Phil to get the shotgun and by the time he had it loaded and out the door the daRn buggar was gone! So the chickens will be penned up for the next couple of days. I had been letting them out during the day and penning them back in at night. DaRn fox knew the schedule, too. That sucker would have looked good on my wall! Next time, Mr. Fox!

Scrubbed the front porch down yesterday with soapy water and bleach mixed in. Looks good. Went to Ollies and bought new cushions for the lawn chairs. Tried to clean the old ones in the washer but they wouldn't get clean. Paid $45 or $50 each for them only a couple years ago. So disappointed. The new ones were only $15.99 each. Very happy about that!


Jess gave me a box of clothes for Dixie for me to keep at my house. They are so cute! Some Lilly had outgrown and others had been given to her and she had duplicates or couldn't use. She gave me 12 containers of formula to give to Chrystal. I kept one to keep at my house for when Dixie is here. Awesome!


Haven't felt motivated to finish that Sirdar cardi I started for Dixie. I know it's been at least four weeks since I've touched it. Partly because I've been busy with C.A.R. stuff and otherwise boredom on my part. I did pick up a quick knit this afternoon. Something quick, fun and a small gift for Lilly's upcoming birthday. Middle granddaughter is turning ONE! She is so precious. She's almost ready to walk on her own. I mentioned to Jess that Lilly's hair is getting blonde now that she's out in the sun. It's curly, too, like Jassmine's was before she cut her hair last year. What is it with kids and scissors?


Phil is out training dogs with some of his buddies. Three of them are training for the NAVHDA Invitational coming up in September in Ohio. They were doing water work at Acme Lake and field work at Rolling Rock Club.

That's about it. Just wanted to give a shout out to what's been going on in my little world. :)

P.S. Jess took the above photos except the one of Jassie running in the yard. She takes the best photographs! I point and click and that's about it. Just don't have the eye needed to be a good photographer.

No comments: