Saturday, November 26, 2011

Knitted Sweater

After I finished the knitted skirt for Lilly, I decided to work on a cardigan for Dixie. She grew faster than I could finish that last sweater. Hopefully, by the time another grandbaby comes along I'll have finished it!

I loved the colors in the yarn and finally found a pattern I liked well enough to begin a project. I picked the Precious Heirloom Cardigan pattern by Lisa Ellis which I found in the Love of Knitting magazine (Winter 2011 issue). The yarn is from the Deborah Norville Collection Everyday Soft Worsted in Nursery made by Premier Yarns.

The pattern called for Cloud 9 in white by Cascade Yarns which contains a fair amount of Angora. I managed to snag up some Cloud 9 in pink from a fellow Ravelry knitter. Thank you, Bethe! One of the next projects will be using this same pattern but for Lilly this time. I do have to make something for Jassmine or she'll feel left out that Grandma isn't making anything for her. :(

I've gotten to the point where the back is on stitch holders until the two fronts are finished then they will be joined and the sleeves started.

Here are some photos.


No comments: