Monday, January 23, 2012

Thankful

Today I am thankful that my new surgeon does not think the health issue I'm dealing with (complex hyperplasia with atypia) has become cancerous yet.  Absolutely, positively not looking forward to undergoing this surgery which has been set for February 3.  Given the circumstances, I am very thankful for this doctor because he is one of the best, if not the best.  :)

This will be complicated as I have a lot of scar tissue and adhesions from prior surgeries.  Praying he does not have to cut through my bowel and reconstruct.  Praying he's able to get to the uterus, ovaries and fallopian tubes without incident.

The rest of my day was rather grand.  Breakfast at Cracker Barrel.  Yummy pecan pancakes!  Home to nap while the hubs worked from his office laptop.  Matinee movie at 4 p.m. at Carmike Cinemas.  We saw Red Tails which I thought was an excellent movie, however, I read some blogs which gave it thumbs down!  Then back home to watch tv and catch up on emails for State Conference.

Planning to visit with Ralph, Jess and Lilly tomorrow morning.  Did I mention Phil's 25-year award from Corporate arrived on Friday?  16 megapixel Fujifilm digital camera.  AWESOME!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Wow, that surgery is soon. Sorry you have to have another surgery, but so glad there doesn't seem to be any cancer at this point. Prayers being sent up for you!

Carol Pack Urban said...

Thanks, Tina. Both Phil and I were so worried about another cancer. Now I'm just worrying about the recovery period after surgery.