Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ran Out of Propane

How many times does this have to happen before  we consistently monitor the level of propane in the tank?  Ugg!  No propane means cold house.  Cold house does not make me happy.  Given that I was not happy, the hubs split wood and I started a fire.  The fire has kept the front room at a very warm and comfortable 68-74 degrees.  I've closed up the rooms we don't use. Heat rises so we sleep well upstairs in our bedroom although I have the electric blanket on the bed going, too.

The visiting nurses have come out every day since the 22nd.  Each tells me that I am healing nicely.  Good.  I finished up the antibiotics on Thursday and hope that the navel is completely healed in another week.

My dear uncle passed last week.  I was not able to make the drive home to WV to be with my family for his funeral and homegoing ceremony.  I'm sure it was beautiful.  Just breaks my heart that I couldn't be there to honor his memory and help support my cousins during this time.

Hubs was gone this morning to a dog training day up around Butler.  When he got home we went out to Applebee's for an early dinner and then ran over to the pharmacy to pick up my HRT prescription.  We came back home and have watched tv and enjoyed the warmth of the fireplace.  I ordered a gorgeous hank of a creamy yellow colored Alpaca and silk yarn off Etsy.  It's a lace weight yarn and I'm thinking possibly of a lace top for one of the girls.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Glad you are healing well and done with the antibiotics! Sorry about the propane--hope you can get some delivered soon! Brrr!