Sunday, March 25, 2012

Prayer

I grew up thinking Christians should not pray for themselves when they have needs.  I don't know why I thought this.  I was told this is wrong so I've been praying for myself when I need something in the spiritual or physical nature.  I don't mean like a new pair of shoes or a new car.  After this last surgery I developed severe abdominal pain.  I don't know why but for the past week it was unbearable.  I prayed 24 hours a day.  Yesterday, I laid in bed almost the entire day.  I laid in one spot and tried not to move.  Any time I did move the pain was so bad it felt like my tummy area was being ripped to shreds.  Last night when I went to bed I was still hurting.  This morning I woke up and honest to goodness I think it was a miracle because I have not felt one shred of pain today!  Thank you, God, this is wonderful!

1 comment:

Tina said...

That is great! Yes, God wants us to come to Him for all our needs--He is our Friend, Healer, and Lord!
So glad you are feeling better!!