Saturday, May 26, 2012

Little Blue Dress

I picked out this lovely blue fabric, I think, at Joann's Fabric a couple months ago.  It may have been at Walmart.  When I saw the fabric I thought of youngest granddaughter, Dixie-Lee, but daughter in law Jess liked it so much it was earmarked for her daughter Lilly (middle granddaughter).

Thursday I finally decided on a pattern for the fabric.  McCall's Express Yourself pattern 4042 in size 2.  It was a thrift store find I made at the Goodwill store in Bedford, PA about a year or two ago.  It was a really easy pattern.  I had the fabric cut out and the dress together in about three hours.  I think it turned out beautifully and hope that Jess will wear it on Lilly.


Phil and I spent the day at Warriorsmark yesterday.  He training dogs and me cutting out fabric on the tables in the office.  I cut out fabric for two outfits for Lilly and Dixie-Lee.  Jassmine has gotten the bulk of the homemade outfits over the years.  It's time for the other two girls to reap the benefits of having a Grandma who loves to sew for them!

Jess sent me this photo tonight of Lilly wearing the dress.  She looks really cute in it.  Of course, she's cute anyway.  :)


No comments: