Friday, June 22, 2012

More Sewing

Winter makes me feel like knitting.  I love to curl up on the sofa and knit while watching tv in front of the woodstove.  Spring and summer I love to sew.  I haven't sewn for myself in ages.  Recently, I've bought a couple of dress patterns and one nightgown pattern for myself.  Now to find the perfect fabric! 

I have a bunch of blogs that I read every day.  Today, I was reading Melly Sews blog and came across one of the many dresses she's made for herself.  I fell in love with Butterick 4790 retro dress pattern and ordered one off eBay.  It's a wrap around dress and looks easy to make.  I love to wear skirts and dresses in the summer.  I never wear shorts and jeans make me sweat.  Yes, I know.  Ladies are not supposed to sweat no matter how much powder we pat you know where. 



I've been searching for 100% linen fabric online.  It's hard to find what I'm looking for but I'll know when I see it.  A couple months ago I did come across about 3 yards of an off white linen fabric with red camilla flowers on it.  I plan to practice with somewhat inexpensive muslin fabric first before I {EEK!} cut into the linen.

Phil and I went to Chili's for lunch today, then he dropped me off at Jo-Ann's Fabrics to shop while he went to Walmart.  I was looking for complementary fabric to go with the Riley Blake Farm Fresh fabric I just purchased.  The description said the fabric was teal and since I didn't have the fabric with me because it was an impromptu visit to the fabric store I bought small cuts of just about every piece of teal cotton fabric they had.  Alas, we got home and I took the new fabric pieces to match up with the Riley Blake and NO! nothing matched up!  The fabric is NOT teal!  It's more of a seafoam green.  DaRn!!!!  So now I have small cuts of these gorgeous teal colored fabrics washed and hanging on the line to dry.  They're so gorgeous I have to find something to make with them and next time I will make sure to take the RB fabric with me!


Any suggestions of where I can find light weight linen fabric yardage for dresses?

No comments: