Sunday, June 24, 2012

Retro Butterick Dress Pattern 4790

For the third day in a row I was at Joann's Fabrics today.  Friday I bought material I thought would match the Riley Blake Farm Fresh fabric.  Yesterday, I actually took the RB fabric with me to find something which matched.  Nothing matched so I looked for something complementary and found it.  I also came across the gorgeous orchid pink peony embroidered and sequined lightweight linen fabric which the sales lady said would be on sale today.  Today I went back and got the fabric for half price.  It was marked 50% off.  Originally it was $12.99 a yard and I purchased it for $6.49 a yard.  Totally worth going back for.  I thought it would be best to line the skirt portion of the dress so I picked up a matching pink anti-static polyester lining fabric.

I'm getting a wee bit nervous about this dress pattern now that I've read blog posts from ladies who've made this dress!  Most say if you're small busted the dress doesn't fit well and also that the dress is so heavy in the back from the extra material that the front rides up.  I'm not exactly small busted.  I'm a C cup which isn't large, however, the dress is held together by snaps or buttons under the bodice.  I think snaps and a tie in front would be better.  Until I figure out how to adjust the pattern to fit my body I will put it aside and work on something else.

No comments: