Our local Children of the American Revolution society was founded and named after Peggy Shaw in the 1950s. A bronze marker was placed at her grave on October 14, 1954 by the Peggy Shaw Society C.A.R. and another one at the fort at Hanna's Town. This was the first grave marker ceremony by a C.A.R. society within the state of PA. Our ceremony today marked 58 years since that bronze marker was placed there and 230 years since Peggy was killed. It was a joint collaboration between the local society and Braddock Trail Chapter NSDAR which sponsors our society.
After the ceremony we drove to Hanna's Town where we had a picnic lunch followed by a meeting where we installed new society officers and then enjoyed a tour of Hanna's Town. Even at 94 degrees it was an enjoyable time.