Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Today I dropped by to see Jess, Ralph and Lilly.  I planned to drop off Lilly's dress that I made for her second birthday party.  I held it up to her and just to see how it looked and the skirt hit the floor.  So did my face.  Ugg.  Ralph asks, "Ma, how did you get so far off from your measurement?"  No idea.  I brought it back home and spent two hours with the seam ripper.  I finally had it apart and ironed all the pieces to flatten them out.  I cut each of the three tiers from eight inches down to four and a half, then sewed the three tiers back together.  I placed the seam at the back of the skirt and then fit the skirt onto the shirt.  It looks much better now.  I think Jess will be happier now that the fullness has been taken out of the skirt.  I still hate the orange fabric but hey, that's just me.  Elmo's nose is orange so the orange fabric does go well overall.

No comments: