Friday, August 17, 2012

Vintage Thrift Store Find

I love thrift stores but I'm not really into wearing thrift store finds unless it's to cut up and use as fabric for something else. 

Today I came across a beautiful, vintage dress by Westbury Fashions circa 1950s-early 1960s.  It's a button up shirt dress with pink polka dots.  I wish I knew what the fabric was.  It's so silky.  I came across it in the store and immediately thought, "Ooooh, cute fabric to cut up!," but as soon as I got it home and laid it out I could see it was a beauty and decided to put it up for sale at ebay.



I wish I were a smaller size because I'd wear it!  It's either a size 8 or 10.  The measurement at the waist was 28 and bust 36.  LINK to ebay location.  There are a few very minute flaws but nothing that anyone would notice while you were to wear the dress.  I thought someone out there would appreciate the beauty of this dress.  I couldn't see it lingering on in that shop so I had to rescue it.

UPDATE 8-24-2012:  This dress did not sell so I'm not sure if I have the guts to cut it up and reuse the fabric or just hang onto it hoping one day someone will love it.  Killer fabric!  Just gorgeous.

No comments: