Thursday, October 18, 2012

Late Entry

I just finished up on a knitting project I started a year ago for Dixie-Lee.  A cute cardigan with lacework and bobbles.  I was stumped about six months ago on the second sleeve.  Just hit a brain fart or something.  Had no desire to pick it back up and started sewing new projects instead of working on the cardi.

Last Friday I picked up my knitting bag as I took Jassie to dance class.  I almost had the sleeve finished while waiting.  Two nights ago I finished the sleeve and started on the buttonband.  Last night I finished up the second band and the neck.  This morning it got washed and is drying on the floor with pins in it (blocking).


The photo is from last night.  Notice the bear buttons?  So cute!

Yesterday, I received a new skein of yarn which I won from Lost City Knits.  I was SO excited to find out I had won!  The yarn is a beautiful shade of purple.  The colorway is called Young At Heart.  Trying to decide what to make.

I forgot to mention, or perhaps I forgot that I did mention, that Dr. V told me I no longer need to get a PET scan.  We'll just continue getting blood work to monitor my CEA levels every six months.  As he left, he told me to stay on the cured list.  haha  I can't tell you how much this made my day.  Five years ago was scary business!  I never thought I'd be here today and am so very thankful that I am.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Yay for no more pet scans!! That's awesome!! You've come a long way, baby! :)