Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Day After

I voted in the election yesterday and then stayed up watching Fox News until way early this morning so I could find out the election results.  I was not happy.  This morning I am still not happy.  Tomorrow, the next day and three years from now I will not be happy.  The majority of Americans voted for the person who would continue to hand them a welfare check or some form of government handout that comes from money borrowed from China.  $16 trillion dollars in debt and it just goes up but as long as "those people" don't have to repay the debt they just don't care.

I worry about my parents.  They are both retired but my dad has to work to pay bills.  Retirement and social security checks don't pay bills.

I worry about my husband's job.  He works in the financial market.  Our 401(k) took a nose dive in 2008 when Obama was elected.  It was just starting to recover.  This morning stock markets fell dramatically.  My husband works very hard for his paycheck.  He goes in to work at 7 a.m. and sometimes isn't home until well after 7 p.m.  There have been times he's worked 24 hours straight for days at a time sometimes having to sleep on the floor at work.  This is true.

Then there's my son.  He works as an electrician in the mining industry building equipment that is used for miners here in the U.S. and also outside the country.  His job depends on coal.  Obama is not a friend of coal miners.  He's said time and time again that he'll bankrupt the coal industry.  What kind of President doesn't want to see people work to provide for their families?

I am worried about the days ahead.  The next four years will be the same as the past four with our government getting larger, our Constitutional rights being taken away and more and more people struggling to survive.


No comments: