Saturday, December 22, 2012

December 22

I finally broke down and went shopping ... at a store.  Yesterday, I went to Fashion Bug for myself a winter coat.  Thankfully, the store wasn't crowded.  It was a store closing sale with no returns.  I bought five or six items for the same amount the coat would have cost at it's original sale price.  Happy!

I managed to finish the fourth pair of socks around 1 a.m. this morning.  I washed and blocked them right after.  I'm supposed to be cleaning the house but my get up and go has got up and went.  I did vacuum downstairs.  I always wonder where can I hide all the stuff I have out?

We have a family dinner at hubs mother's house this afternoon.  I should take knitting with me.  I still have mittens to make.  I've knitted so much that my thumbs are sore.

Mom and dad are driving up Monday morning.  I have to get to the grocery store and buy a few things for Christmas eve dinner.  I have to remember to take the turkey out of the freezer to thaw!

Jassmine's dance class Christmas party was yesterday after their class performed a little recital.  I took a lot of photos.  They had a gift exchange.  Some moron parent decided that a toothbrush and toothpaste would be an acceptable gift for a preschool child.  What planet are you from because that gift isn't acceptable on the planet I'm from!  Jass got the toothbrush gift and cried.  I don't blame her one bit.  That was an awful gift to give a little girl.  It wasn't directed at her, per se, but she ended up with it.  I ran over to her and wrapped my arms around her whispering don't cry over this gift because you'll get presents and toys from Santa.  Then I said don't cry about the toothbrush because you might hurt the feelings of the person who brought that gift.  Being the awesome and thoughtful little girl my granddaughter is, she said, "What a great gift, Grandma, I love it!"  Always thinking of the other person!  Why can't adults be like this?

No comments: