Saturday, December 29, 2012

Our Christmas

We had a very nice Christmas here.  My parents were up.  Both my sons and their families came over on Christmas eve for dinner.  I cooked a turkey.  We had mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes, green beans, rolls, butter, tea, sodas and coffee.  Yummy.

We opened gifts and the granddaughters had a great time.  Here's a photo of Lilly and Dixie playing with the dollhouse.



Lilly put her baby in the highchair and when we all turned around a minute or two later Dixie had thrown Lilly's doll out onto the floor and put her own baby in the highchair!


Photo of my daughter in law, Jess, in the socks I made for her!  The heels are just a little too long/big.  I should go down one needle size on the next pair I make.


Jassmine helping me open my gifts!

Christmas day we spent with Phil's brother and sister in law.  Lovely, lovely time, and food, as usual!


I finished mom's flannel nightgown which looked really pretty on her.

Mom and dad celebrated their 53rd wedding anniversary yesterday.  I was hoping they'd stay up with us until next week but dad wanted to get back home before we got even more snow here.  I can't say as I blame him because it snowed all day yesterday, all night last night and all day today.  It's beautiful but sure is a nightmare.  When Phil gets home from duck hunting today he'll have to spend the rest of the day plowing the driveway.  There's no way I'm going out in that mess.

I spent this week thinking back on where I was five years ago.  Five years ago I spent eleven days in the hospital after toxicity from chemo.  I almost died from the toxic poisoning and also from the MRSA infection the hospital gave me.  So very thankful then as now that my parents were able to get me out of there.  I know I would have died had I stayed there longer.  Thank you God for every single moment since then including the nausea from chemo.  It was all worth it and I'm so thankful to be alive!

No comments: