Sunday, December 23, 2012

Preview of one Christmas gift

I am ssoooooooooooooooooo behind on my Christmas gifts.  I got up at 4 a.m. to start the flannel nightgown I promised to make for my mom for Christmas.  I ironed the fabric and then cut out all the pieces realizing that I was short on my fabric.  I need at least 1/2 yard of fabric for the ruffle since I decided a flannel nightgown really needed sleeves.  I read through the pattern to make sure I understood what I was doing.  Then the fun began.  I love to sew.  I was afraid the gown would be too long (I hate lifting my gowns to go up and down stairs) so I cut it shorter than normal.  It will have a 10 inch ruffle which should make it below the knee but not dragging the floor.  Next are buttonholes and buttons.  When mom gets here I'll let her decide on how to finish the sleeves.  I think elastic would be a nice finish around the wrist.  If she's washing dishes she can push the sleeves up out of her way.  Did you notice the little touch of lace around the neckline?



I ended up finishing the sleeves with elastic after talking with mom then I did the buttonholes and added the buttons.  Hoping that Joann's Fabrics is open tomorrow morning so I can buy another yard of fabric!

No comments: