Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dragging something from 2012 into 2013

Somehow I picked up germs.  I don't know who gave them to me.  Maybe I picked them up via the cart at Walmart or at Joann's Fabrics.  I don't know.  I woke up last Saturday with a sore throat and the next day my sinuses were clogged.  Here it is Thursday, January 3, 2013, my granddaughter Dixie-Lee's second birthday and I'm still bogged down by this thing.  I feel miserable but did manage to get a bath today.  Yesterday that wasn't possible.

Phil was kind enough to bring us home soup from McDonald's last night.  Who would have thought that McDonald's chicken noodle soup would have tasted really good?  Not me but it did!

I was supposed to take Roxy to the vet today.  Phil got the appointment changed to next week.  Thank you, sweetie!

I'm miserable.  My head is clogged for part of the day and then draining the rest.  I've been laying in bed with the electric blanket turned on and sleeping most of the time.  Nothing is getting done around here.  By the time Phil gets home from work he's cranky because it still looks like Christmas day downstairs.  Boxes around and decorations still up.  Christmas cards hanging from the curtain rods and the extra table still sitting next to the dining room table.  Really hoping to feel good enough to get up and move around tomorrow.

I sent a text to Chrystal and Joe today wishing Dixie-Lee a happy second birthday.  They're having cake and ice cream for her on Saturday.  My granddaughters are so sweet!

No comments: