Sunday, February 24, 2013

Finished the Socks

OMG, it has taken me forever to finish Phil's socks.  I started working on them right before New Years.  Yesterday we drove to Altoona for a sports and outdoor show that Phil wanted to attend.  I hate those things because I am now claustrophobic and people are squeezed in there like sardines in a can.  I managed to knit two inches while we were driving.  When we got back home I finished the sock while we were watching t.v.


On the way home yesterday we made a detour to Bedford which is only 34 miles from Altoona.  I like to stop at the Goodwill store there.  I found four super nice flat muslin sheets from which I can make the girls nightgowns.  I snagged some vintage patterns, too.




The middle two are for baby dolls.  I couldn't pass them up.

Phil was gracious enough to go in the store with me even though thrifting isn't his cup of tea.  He did manage to find a vintage water canteen for $4.99 which I thought was a steal.  When we go to dog trials and field events, or even training days at the club grounds, we have to take water for the dogs.  This is a great way to do that.


No comments: