Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Babies. Where does the time go?

Today my youngest turns 27.  Hard to believe.  I remember asking if it was a girl and they told me no. I said that his name was Joseph and then the nurse showed him to me.  He had blonde hair and big eyes that just stared at me.

I remember my mom coming up to the hospital to see us.  She was the first to hold him after he had his first bath in the nursery.  It was funny.  The hospital had this long counter with babies lined up on it waiting for their baths.

My ex brought Ralph up to see his baby brother.  He was so cute.  He was wearing Oshkosh B'Gosh overalls and a checkered shirt along with a baseball cap.

My uncle Larry came to the hospital to see us.  We didn't have any money to buy the hospital photos so he paid for them.  I remember a minister passing out carnations to all the mothers.  I cried when he gave me mine.

We were in the hospital a week after Joe's birth.  I was scared on the way home.  The roads were bad.  I was thankful Ralph was home with my mom.

Joe was a good baby.  He only cried when he was hungry or needed a diaper change.  Many times I checked on him during the night only to find Ralph in the crib with him; all cuddled up and sucking his thumb holding the baby's hand.

Happy birthday, son.  I hope it's a good one!  Love you.

No comments: