Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekend

I picked up Jass and Dixie after my DAR meeting on Saturday.  We had leftover tea sandwiches for dinner and made strawberry flavored cupcakes after.  We let them cool and then used pink frosting and decorated with sprinkles.  They turned out nicely and taste wonderful.

Sunday morning we got up at 5 a.m. for a training day with our bird dog club.  I think the girls enjoyed it.  I didn't have to worry about them walking away or getting lost so I let them run around as much as they wanted.  Jass packed snacks so we had bags of donuts, yogurt, cheese sticks and cups of milk.  Oh, and they fought over an apple!  Dixie wanted Jassie's apple and Jassie told me Dixie wasn't allowed to have one with the skin on.  I let Dixie take a bite and she ate most of the apple while Jassie finished off the rest ... well until it got dropped on the ground.  That was that and I threw it in the woods for the deer to eat.

They enjoyed seeing all the dogs and petting puppies.  Dixie ran around yelling, "PUPPIES!"  So cute.  We stopped for lunch on the way home.  I opened a pack of barbecue sauce for nuggets.  What a mistake.  Dixie looked like she had finger painted herself with the sauce.  Which reminds me that I need to take apart the car seat, wash the cover and wipe down the belts.

I was supposed to wash the girls dirty clothes and return to their house today along with the cupcakes only I got sidetracked and didn't get that done.  They probably think Grandma and Pappy ate all the cupcakes.

Opal is finally in season again.  Phil's contacted Bernadette to let her know we want to breed to Harley again.  Disappointing that Leja's breeding did not take.  Praying that Opal's will be successful.

No comments: